TRANSLATE

Thursday, June 7, 2012

S'mores Alive!


Several weeks ago I started making a rabbit, I wanted to make something for Easter and thought a cute little white bunny would be the most adorable thing ever. So I got out the hook and yarn and started on the head. Half-way through I asked my youngest daughter, "How does this look?" And she replies, "That looks just like a marshmallow!" Thus the S'more project was born.

It didn't take long to make the marshmallow, the graham cracker and the chocolate posed the problem for me. I knew I couldn't make chocolate squares so I did a single crochet "swatch" in brown for the chocolate. It's going to be covered with the graham cracker anyway so the appearance of chocolate is really all I needed. Now the graham cracker I struggled with for a few weeks.

I tried double crochet, I tried single crochet. I tried single crochet on top of double crochet. Nothing seemed to look right. Then I saw something on front-post and back-post double crochet. Watched a little video on You-Tube and BAM! The graham cracker was born! I was happy, too. Cause I was very close to giving up on the whole thing.

But he now lives with some friends from church. When I gave it to her she said, "That's the cutest stinking thing I've ever seen!" (She's a good girl, she'd never say "damn" or anything like that)

So here he is in all his S'more-y goodness. Enjoy!
(The photo, enjoy the photo, he's isn't edible.)





3 comments:

  1. Oh my God I LOVE it! I'm so glad you didn't give up on it. I was looking forward to seeing the final product!
    *checks seeing a crocheted s'more off of her bucket list*
    Go, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you baby. I'm glad I didn't give up on him either!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Job! Keep up the good work! You are very creative and I found you off of Posh Pooch Designs. Thought I would let you know. :)

    ReplyDelete