TRANSLATE

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Hello, my name is Karen and I have C.A.D.D.

If you've read my blog before today you've most likely come across a comment or two where I mention how much I love to browse the internet for ideas and inspiration. And if this is your first time here, now you know that much about me. LoL. But just because I decided to take part in a crochet challenge doesn't mean I can't look at the eye candy floating around on Facebook, Pinterest and Ravelry. I mean, it's like being married and still having an appreciation for good looking men. No. That's not quite right. I don't lust after other good looking men, I do however, lust after crochet works of beauty that others have made.


I'm continuing my work on the Crochet Crowd June Challenge and it's coming along, I suppose, as best it can considering my condition. What condition is that, you ask? Well I'm sure you know someone with Crochet Attention Deficit Disorder. I know you probably haven't been diagnosed by a professional physician or psychiatrist (as my would husband tell it).  Let me give you some of the symptoms and see if it sounds like anyone you know:

  • Seeing an item on a store shelf and saying "I can make that".
  • Browsing the internet and making a mental list of supplies for 7 simultaneous projects.
  • Getting bored with one project the crafter can look to the left or right and see more than 5 WiP's.
  • Upon entering a store that sells yarn the "itch" begins and will not cease until the crafter purchases a skein (or 12) and/or touches at least 20 soft fibers while exclaiming "Oh that's nice!"
Does this describe someone you know? Someone close to you? Maybe even yourself? Yep. I'm right there with you.

I've considered sending in a research request to the people that came up with the DSM to see if this condition can actually be entered. There has to be hundreds of thousands, if not millions, afflicted with this condition. Just take a look around the virtual world and you can see what I'm talking about.

No one I know (besides spouses and significant others) wants this condition to have a cure. I certainly don't. What about you? Do you have Crochet Attention Deficit Disorder? Should we look for a cure? Do we want a cure? Maybe we should start a support group?

"Hello, my name is Karen and I have C.A.D.D."

All in good fun my friends!

Peace and blessings,
~~Karen~~

8 comments:

  1. Hello my name is Melissa and I too have C.A.D.D.!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LoL!
      I knew I wasn't alone!
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Hello my name is Shantier and I have C.A.D.D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I'm pretty sure my favorite part of the project is always the beginning! If only a little gnome would come through and do all the middle of the project work. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want a gnome too! If you ever find one, ask him if he has a friend!

      Delete
  4. HI I am Jei and I have C.A.D.D. That is why I don't make big projects so i won't get bored in the middle of a project.

    CuteyPatutyCrochet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to remember that. LoL
      Small enough to finish in a day or two - I get way too distracted!

      Delete