TRANSLATE

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Nana? Me? I HAVE NEWS!

So on Sunday, Father's Day, we went to church, had a nice lunch with the kids and promptly sent them away for the week. Nothing drastic mind you, they went to Knoxville, Tn, for mission work with the youth group. They'll be home tomorrow with all their stories and how much fun they had. I'm really looking forward to it. Being a mom is one of the greatest joys of my life. My children are the BEST kids in the entire world! Aren't they all?

My oldest lives in Berea, Ky. Her birthday is tomorrow and she'll be 22. Wow! It really doesn't feel like she should be 22 years old! Is that her news? I bet that's what you're thinking .... well NO! It isn't. My daughter getting another year older is probably news for her but not for you guys.


Are you ready?
I'm going to be a GRANDMOTHER !!!!!!

*photo from Google images*
Let me admit something right now .... I'm too young to be "Mamaw". That's what I called my grandmothers. But, when I was young, they were old and the name fit. I am too young to be a mamaw. Lol. My husband thinks Nana is a better term for me. I'm good with Nana. I can be Mamaw when I'm a "great" grandmother! (we pronounce that "mom-aw" here in West Virginia, just so you know)

So what does that mean for my crafting world? Well, duh. I'm looking at ALL kinds of baby things! Of course! Blankets, mittens, booties, cocoons, toys, mobiles, and on and on and on!
*deep breath* I'm calm, I am calm. Maybe if I keep chanting it I really will get calm. What do you think?

In the meantime, while I try to calm that flock of butterflies in my gut, I will browse the baby sections of Ravelry, Pinterest, Craftsy and of course Wal-Mart. And I will dream of new baby and pray for a safe and healthy pregnancy for my daughter.

I hope you have a great week and that many blessings come your way. I got one and s/he will be here in February.

Much love,
~~Karen~~

6 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the news of a new grandchild!! Baby things are so much fun to make. I'm working on a crocheted afghan for my goddaughter's new baby right now. I saw that you live in WV. I live part time in St. Albans where I grew up and part time in Colorado. My niece went to college in Berea, and I loved going there to visit. Hope you post pics of all the things you make for the new baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're pretty close - I'm just outside Beckley! And you know I'll be posting things I make - LOL! ^_^

      Delete
  2. Congratulations!! That's very exciting. I'm sure you'll make some awesome baby things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!! For starters I live in Northern Kentucky (right by the Ohio river) but my husband is from the Berea/Richmond area & all of my in-laws still live there! It's an amazing community & truly beautiful down there!
    And the Grand-ma part lol... I am 32 and am a Nana... I knew I may be a young grandma because my Hubby is 10 yrs older than I & has 3 children from a previous marriage... My step-daughter is 22 and my step-sons are 20 & 17... However they didn't make me a Nana @ 32 lol... My husband & I have 4 daughters together & then we adopted a family friend when she was 6. Our girls are 12, 10, 7 & 2... so nope it wasn't them lol Our adopted daughter moved back in with her mom at 16, and at 17 I got an early morning call that well I was gonna be a grandma... We were all a little disappointed since she was so young but my Bean (her nickname) is an angel! My daughter pulled herself together & is an amazing Mama!!! I knew I wasn't going to be called Grandma lol & Mammaw (what I too called my grandmothers) was well not for me just yet either... My daughter said how about Nana? And there it was :p I know this post is a few months old so not sure if you're a Nana just yet or not but if you're not you'll fall in love the minute you hold your precious grand-baby! With my Bella Bean it was instant love! I didn't think it was possible to love another human being as much as I love my kids... until the day I held my Bean... WOW, instantly she had my heart wrapped around her tiny fingers! Being a "Nana' is awesome! CONGRATS!!! Oh and also for those baby slippers (I too have had many requests for them lol) The closest pattern I found is a paid pattern ($5.50 I think) from the Lovely Crow they work up very similar... I've also found a ton of free baby slipper patterns that work too, one from Repeat Crafter Me... it started out as boots that one of her followers turned into slippers... Just add the flower then a chain loop or 2 on the back or sides for the ribbon & voila! Congrats again & I'm so happy I stumbled upon your blog today from The Yarn Box :p Sorry for rambling on and on lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the encouragement! And also thanks for stopping by! I'm always happy to see new people!
      I think I'll hit up the bootie patterns you suggested - since I now know WHAT the baby is I can make all HIS stuff in BLUE or rather BOY colors. LoL
      He's due in late January or early February so I have some time to get them done!

      Delete