TRANSLATE

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Simple Cluster Stitch Panel with Pattern

It's just June and already this summer has been filled with activity! Last Saturday, my husband and I attended our third wedding in just four weeks time. That was one Saturday off to do things around the house, like weed and mulch the flower and herb garden. I still need to tackle the rose bushes and our abundant blackberry patch but at least we got that much accomplished. I'm crossing my fingers that before cold weather sets in, we'll have enough time to get the carpets cleaned.

Never fear though, being as addicted as I am to my hook and yarn, I have still found time to crochet! Seriously, I carry it with me almost everywhere I go. Hubby threatened no more trips to Hobby Lobby if I even thought of taking it to the weddings so I did have to leave it home for those outings. Lol. I still crochet in church though; no better way to get a blessing over my projects if you ask me.

This week I have a pattern for you that can be adapted pretty easily for anything that's flat; scarf, blanket, throw, etc. This would make a great Christening blanket, worked in panels and a beautiful white yarn. You could do something for the sports junkie in your life by alternating panels in school colors. It can be a perfect warm weather shawl with one panel made to approximately 60" in length. Personally, I'm making panels for a blanket that will most likely be given as a gift for Christmas. Here it is, I hope you enjoy it!


Simple Cluster Stitch Panel Pattern

Materials:
  • Light/sport weight yarn of your choice and color
  • size I/9-5.5MM crochet hook
  • scissors
  • embroidery needle for weaving in the ends
Gauge:
  • 16 stitches and 11 rows = 4 inches
  • Keep in mind that this is just a reference, gauge for this project is not imperative to the completed project.
Stitches used: (American Terminology)
  • Chain (ch)
  • Single Crochet (SC)
  • Double Crochet (dc)
  • Cluster **
**Cluster stitch: (This is a 3dc cluster stitch) *YO, insert hook into stitch indicated, YO and draw up a loop, YO and pull through 2 loops*; repeat from * to * 2 more times. You will have 4 loops on your hook, YO and pull through all 4 loops.

Notes:
Chain 3 counts as a Double Crochet unless otherwise stated. This pattern is worked in rows.

Chain 50.
Row 1: SC in second ch from hook and across. Chain 4 and turn. (Ch 4 = 1dc + 1ch)

Row 2: *Skip next stitch, Cluster in next stitch, ch 1; skip next stitch, dc in next stitch, ch 1*. Repeat from * to * across, ending with a dc in last stitch. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 3: SC in same space as ch 1 from previous row, and in each stitch across.
Ch 4 and turn. (Ch 4 = 1dc + 1ch)

Rows 4 - ?: Repeat Rows 2 and 3 until the piece reaches your desired length. Last row of your project should end with the single crochet row, which is Row 3.


So, I'm just about finished with the Crochet Crowd June Challenge. All my motifs are together and I love the way it turned out. What's holding me back? ALL .... THOSE .... ENDS!!!!! Lol.



You can visit me on Facebook at Crochet2002 and on Twitter @crochet2002. I also post to Instagram, also called crochet2002! I hope you have a great week, stay safe and are showered with peace and blessings.

~~Karen~~ 

PS: Don't forget to Follow me! It's in the right side bar at the top! Thanks ^_^

2 comments: