TRANSLATE

Monday, January 20, 2014

Crochet in Mainstream TV

How many times have you watched a TV show or made-for-TV movie and seen something crocheted? Maybe a slouchy beanie in one scene, a beautiful afghan laying on the back of a sofa, stuffed toys in a baby's crib. Very short cameos by lovely crocheted items. But did it excite you? Me too!!!!! My family just rolls their eyes and shakes their collective heads. But I find it invigorating! 

So how do you think I felt when I saw Sherlock Holmes and Joan Watson (yes, that says Joan, not John) walking through an ART GALLERY FULL OF CROCHET?!?!?

Your assumption would be correct. I freaked. I record my favorite shows and watch them later - just so I can fast forward through the commercials. Whoever thought commercials needed to be recorded a kajillion times louder than the program needs to have a life sentence of listening to the worst offenders. In headphones. Without a remote control.

Anyway! I digress. I was so excited I actually spit out my drink because I was trying to gasp, yell, laugh and point all at the same time! I didn't do much beyond cover my mouth and proceed to choke on my Diet Pepsi. And my shirt got wet. After I recovered, I grabbed that remote, I hit that rewind button and started taking pictures. I was a happy camper. =D


These images are not mine and I do not claim them in any way.
These characters are not mine and I do not claim them in any way.
Images from Elementary 
(which airs on CBS)
Season 2, Episode 11
"Internal Audit"

 
I'm so proud of you CBS and the writers for putting this character smack dab in the middle of crochet art!

Now, listen here CBS people, I may receive a cease and desist order for the images, and if that comes about I would remove them, but I would still love you! This rocked my night!

Note: This originally aired a few weeks ago. Yes, it's still on my TiVo. Duh.


Peace and blessings,
~~Karen~~



Please feel free to leave a comment.
I love hearing from you and welcome your feedback.

If you would like to contact me directly, you can email me at
croch3t2002@gmail.com.

Or by finding me at one of the following sites:

 
 

9 comments:

  1. Ok I will have to go back and watch it instead of listening to it. I record that show also so I'm off to look. Thank you for sharing this. Do you know where the gallery was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if it was a "real" gallery or a fake one for the show. =(

      Delete
  2. ^_^ I am soooo like you. I freak each time. My husbands finds it cute though. We just saw Never Was and I noticed in the last scene there was a crochet blanket on the sofa. It was kind of a serious scene so my - Look there's a crochet blanket on the coach - was a bit out of place but who cares - Crochet.

    You must watch Korean dramas (if you're into sappy love romance comedies and basically drawn out soap operas) because they always have such lovely design. One in particular is Spring Waltz. Check out the leads Crochet Coat. I want to remake that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That I will do - my youngest is learning to speak Korean!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I do that too, and sometimes if it's kids stuff, my daughter asks if I can make it for her. Especially if we're watching her favourite tv-shows.
    I wish I could watch that episode, I would love to see that gallery :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes they are available online on CBS.com but I'm not sure which ones are available to streaming. It's worth a look. Maybe they'll have a rerun soon =D

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yay! It's the official Un-official Club of people that swoon over crochet on TV. Lol.

      Delete