TRANSLATE

Thursday, February 6, 2014

Sharing the LOVE - My Top 5 Valentine's Day Patterns

Today, I thought I'd share with you some of the Valentine's Day patterns I've come across these past couple of weeks. I love the ones listed here, as always there are lots more available out there in the internet wavelengths. Some of mine included but that would be self-serving, wouldn't it?

Image borrowed from Petals to Picots
Isn't it beautiful?!?!?

  • Heart Granny Square by Petals to Picots. I absolutely adore the way this looks! I'm going to make enough for a blanket BUT my hearts will be a bunch of different colors as I use up some yarn ends and smaller balls that I can't do anything else with.

Using up some blue first!


  • Amber's Heart by Bonney Carey. This one is so frilly and so girly I can imagine it as a pillow or a throw over a little girls' canopy bed. It's on my to-do list.




  • Miss Lovely available at Sew Ritzy Titzy. This gorgeous toy/doll is perfect for tucking under the pillow of your little one. If you're someone that loves Valentine's Day as much I do, you know it can become just like Christmas, can't it?



  • Heart Art by Felted Button. This open weave heart is delicate and tender. Just what Valentine's Day is about.





  • Love Bug by Heliinä Swerdlyk. This is a FREE Ravelry download in PDF format. It's SO cute! 



And there you have my Top 5 Valentine's Day crochet patterns.

Have you started on something that you plan on gifting to someone
during this season of love, Love, LOVE?!?!



My parting thoughts for you:

The actual history of Valentine's Day is a bit of a mystery. There were three men known to have been priests or bishops for the Roman Catholic Church with the name of Valentine. It's also legend that all three were martyred on February 14th.

Regardless the roots of the holiday we're approaching, they all had one thing in common: they lived in accordance to the last, and many would say the most important commandment that Christ left us:

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (emphasis added)
John 13:34 - 35


So let me tell you something, I love each one of you.


Peace and blessings,
~~Karen~~



Feel free to leave a comment!

I love hearing from you and welcome your feedback.

If you would like to contact me directly, you can email me at
croch3t2002@gmail.com.

Or by finding me at one of the following sites:



Don't forget to visit my sister
(or would that be daughter?) blog over at



No comments:

Post a Comment