TRANSLATE

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Trouble in Paradise

Not that my home is Paradise but I do consider it a place of comfort and rest. Guess what's happening here? A complete bathroom re-do! Okay - stop going "ooohhh" and "ahhhhh". This has turned into a waking nightmare. We only have one bathroom in the house!

It was supposed to be simple; change out the tub and remove a window. When one of the workmen stepped THOUGH THE FLOOR it became something else entirely . . . **sigh**


BUT I have been able to get through most of the stress with what? That's right, ladies and gentlemen! Crochet! My therapy, my place of relaxation and zoning out! LOL

Here's what I've done this week:

A stack of hats for the Cancer Center. I just took 63 hats to them and I'm starting on my next lot!


A Presentation Dress for my sister's baby due at the end of this month, she may deliver before then but we'll see. It had to be white so I used a light-weight yarn and the pattern (mostly) from the Little Sweetie Dress by Red Heart Yarns.






And the last thing I finished just this morning is a poncho/shawl that I'm working up a pattern for. I'm proud of the way this project turned out!



Oh, the bathroom?
Well, this is what it looks like right now.


Joy . . .



I hope you're week is going better than mine! LOL




Peace and blessings,
~~Karen~~




8 comments:

  1. Karen...oh my. Renovations are not fun. Here's hoping they're finished soon. On the other hand, you've coped well! The hats are great, your Little Sweetie dress turned out beautifully (love the bead work) and I LOVE your shawl! Let me know when the pattern is finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I sure will - shouldn't be too much longer!

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, Karen…that surely isn't an easy week! But I admire how you handle the stress….and so beautifully! What gorgeous works you have completed…very nice work on them all! Hope your renovations wrap up soon for you! Hang in there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot I really appreciate that =D

      Delete
  3. WOW did you make all 63 hats or are you part of group? We have a group that meets once a month at the AC Moore here in Durham, NC. Loving the poncho/shawl :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I made all the hats - at the beginning of the year I was feeling led to make a total of 365 hats this year for the Cancer Center - I'm a little behind but that delivery filled up their drawer, so I'm not entirely sure it would have held 90 or 100 hats =D

      And thank you, I love the shawl too, it's going to be hard to part with! =D

      Delete
  4. Wow! You've been busy! You'll show us when you're all done, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely I will - I'm gonna be so happy to have a bathtub and shower that I may post it for three days straight!!! LOLOLOL

      Delete