TRANSLATE

Thursday, July 16, 2015

Framed Crochet Art

I finally finished the project I started last week. The hubby and I made a trip to Hobby Lobby in the pouring rain, no less, to get the supplies I needed. I over-bought on the fabric and got a half yard when in reality a much smaller amount would have worked. (The fabric was on sale for 30% off!) Since the project turned out so well, I think I'll make a couple more! The frame we got is a 12"x12" picture frame with real glass (not plastic) and real metal framework. That was on sale for 50% off! I love project making when supplies are on sale! =D

Materials for this project include a finished doily, fabric,
frame, scissors, and a ruler. I used the back of the picture frame
as a template when cutting the fabric to size.


The doily looks fantastic in the frame and the fabric background just makes the work pop! I'm completely in love with how it turned out. The hubby is pretty impressed, too. I've already gotten another doily finished and I'll be putting that one into a frame as well (back to Hobby Lobby while it's still on sale!).

I'm glad I decided on the print fabric instead of a solid color.
If you're making one, take the doily with you when you decide on the fabric.
That way you can see exactly how it's going to look before buying
something that might end up clashing or cause the doily to get lost in the print. 



Closer image of the print. The gold is actually shimmery in the light.


Feel free to share your framed crochet art with me at my Crochet2002 Facebook page or tag me on Instagram with @crochet2002! I'd love to see what you've made and get inspired by your works of art!


Peace and blessings,
~~Karen~~



2 comments:

  1. Is the pattern for the pretty lacy star shaped doily for sale? I would love to find it. thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The doily is from an online YouTube video by Jeego Crochet! Thanks for stopping by! =D

      Delete